Drug Abuse Stats
The Los Angeles drug crime defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Lawrence Wolf have been successfully representing clients accused of drug trafficking, drug possession, and drug manufacturing for over 30 years. We defend clients accused of all types of crimes, both felony and misdemeanor and we are prepared to aggressively represent your drug case.
If you have been arrested for or charged with a drug crime in California contact the Law Offices of Lawrence Wolf for an immediate free consultation with an attorney.
1.5 Million People Are Arrested for Drug Related Violations In the United States Every Year
Drug use among people of various groups (age, military personnel, prison inmates, etc.) has been surveyed for years as a way to estimate the increase and decrease of illicit drug use. Illicit drugs include marijuana, heroin, cocaine, Ecstasy, amphetamines, hallucinogenic drugs, tranquilizers, inhalants and other types of narcotics.
The following are some recent drug use statistics for the United States:
- 1.5 million people were arrested for drug related violations.
- More than 11% of children between 12 and 17 had used (and were currently using) illegal drugs.
- Over 70% of people between the ages of 12 and 25 used inhalants to become intoxicated.
- Over 12,000,000 people over the age of 12 admitted to using methamphetamines one or more times in their lives.
- Almost 2 million people over 12 years old used the prescription drug OxyContin for a non-medical purpose.
- Over 3.5 million people 12 and over reported to using heroin at least once in their lives.
- Approximately 15% of adults 18-25 admitted to using MDMA (Ecstasy) one or more times in their lives.
- There were more than 21,000 reported fatalities that resulted from drug use.
- 1/3 of all drug related fatality victims were females.
- Almost 10% of all drug sales and drug manufacturing arrests involved cocaine or heroin.
Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (310) 277-1707.