Police Target Tips: Don’t Get Arrested By Accident
The Wolf Report
A Criminal Law Bulletin for Personal Injury, Entertainment Law, and Family Law Attorneys
Published by Lawrence Wolf, Attorney at Law
POLICE TARGET TIPS: DON’T GET ARRESTED BY ACCIDENT
- Take detailed notes of your interactions. Include taped discussions with wit nesses or other parties involved.
- Meet and or review every client or file personally. A disgruntled client today could end up being a snitch tomorrow.
- Carefully review all police and accident reports, looking out for any suspicious inconsistencies,
- If you are suspicious, investigate before accepting the case.
- Trust your instincts.
- If you have information that proves the case is fraudulent, first confer with your own trained counsel.
- Dont sign your name to any document without careful review.
- Watch out for rental car accident cases.
- If you are contacted by law enforcement, immediately contact legal counsel experienced in these matters.
DOES A DEATH IN A STAGED ACCIDENT EQUAL MURDER?
In the first of its kind prosecution, a personal injury attorney, tried for the accidental death occurring during a staged accident ended in a mistrial. Bold new theories of second degree murder under a new theory of vicarious liability are being tested. See People vs. Antick, 15 Cal 3d 79 @ p.86 (1975), Taylor vs. Superior Court, 3 Cal. 3d 578, 584 (1970), People vs. Gilbert, 63 Cal.2d 690, 704 (1965). Call me for updates.
Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (310) 277-1707.